Title of Work
Date of Work
Frontview of Davis Hall with a sidewalk running in front of and leading to the building. There are several trees in front with a bicycle leaned up against one of the trees. Ladies Hall was built in 1887 and renamed for Hannah E. Davis who had been the preceptress/matron for all the women students. From its construction, the President of the University lived in the hall until the completion of the President's House in 1903. The University dining room occupied the basement until the completion of the University Commons in 1911.
Davis Hall; Dormitory; Bicycle; Students-Female; Ladies Hall; Hannah E. Davis; Sidewalk; College buildings; Bicycles; Women college students; Sidewalks; Dormitories; Trees; Student housing
North Dakota--Grand Forks
Davis Hall (Grand Forks, N.D.); University of North Dakota
Davis, Hannah E., 1841-1898