Date of Work
View of westside of Merrifield Hall, a brick building with a very high basement and three floors above. Multi-paned windows run the enter length of the building and the north side. Two entrances are located on opposite ends of the building with elongated bay windows above the doors and on opposite sides of the doors are two lights. In front, are several small pine trees. On the side of the building, between the windows are three heraldric symbols. On top of the building above each door are flag poles. The building was named Merrifield Hall, which had originally been attached to the Old Main Building in 1912, after Webster Merrifield, former President of the University (1891-1909).
Merrifield Hall; Pine Trees; Flag Poles; Sidewalks; College of Arts; Sidewalks; College buildings; Pine; Flagpoles; Building; brick; Trees
North Dakota--Grand Forks
University of North Dakota; Merrifield Hall (Grand Forks, N.D.)
Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota