Preview

image preview

Description

View of Davis Hall parlor, scattered around the room are several chairs. Along the right hand corner sits an armoire with a University of North Dakota flag beside it, next to a set of double wood doors. A fireplace is located on the right wall with a mirror above. A long the back wall are several chairs, a settee, a piano with sheet music and a portrait of Hannah E. Davis above the piano. At the opposite of the piano is a wood table. Running around the room is a chair rail and a wallpaper border at the ceiling. Hanging from the ceiling are two chandeliers. Ladies Hall was built in 1887 and renamed for Hannah E. Davis who had been the preceptress/matron for all the women students.

Subject

Universities & colleges -- North Dakota -- Grand Forks

Places Depicted

North Dakota--Grand Forks

Organizations Depicted

University of North Dakota; Davis Hall (Grand Forks, N.D.)

People Depicted

Davis, Hannah E., 1841-1898

Rights

Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota

Keywords

Davis Hall, Parlor, Students-Female, Ladies Hall, Hannah E. Davis, Hannah E. Davis Portrait, Piano, Rugs, Fireplace, University of North Dakota Flag, Armoire, Electricity, Wallpaper border, Parlor Furniture, Leather Chairs and Rockers, Wicker Chairs, Living rooms, Women college students, Portraits, Fireplaces, Flags, Dormitories, Furniture

Share

 
COinS