Military drill in front of Davis Hall. Two lines of cadets stand in formation in the snow with their weapons shouldered. Military training instruction began at the University of North Dakota in 1890 and was mandatory for all male preparatory students and freshman and sophomores. The military department was discontinued in 1904. Davis Hall is on the right side of the photograph.
Military Drill; Military training; Davis Hall; Uniforms; Winter; Cadets; Rifles; College buildings; Military education; Uniforms; Winter; Military cadets; Rifles; Trees
North Dakota--Grand Forks
University of North Dakota; Davis Hall (Grand Forks, N.D.)
Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota