Date of Work
1899 - 1903
The Power House supported a nine by nine foot chimney, sixty feet high. Two electric poles run along the frontside of the building and several trees. To the left is an open field and the livestock barn. To the right is Davis Hall. After a new Power House was built in 1909, the original Power House and connecting Mechanic Arts Building, built in 1903, were renamed the Mechanical Engineering Building and renamed again in 1935 for Elwyn F. Chandler.
Chandler Hall; Electricity; Chimney; Livestock Barn; Electric Pole; Davis Hall; Power House; Heating Plant; Elwyn F. Chandler; College buildings; Chimneys; Electric Lines - Poles and towers; Heating plants; Trees; Livestock; Barns
North Dakota--Grand Forks
Chandler Hall (Grand Forks, N.D.); Davis Hall (Grand Forks, N.D.)
Chandler, Elwyn F., (Elwyn Francis), 1872-1944
Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota